The Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning & Refrigeration (HVAC-R) Program provides students with the technical knowledge and skills necessary to become an HVAC-R apprentice. Students learn through a combination of class theory and instructional labs that cover the installation and service of a variety of equipment in our state-of-the art facility using the latest tools and technology. Topics covered range from hand and power tool safety and progress to refrigeration and piping practices, gas and oil heating systems, heat pumps, electrical troubleshooting, blueprint reading, heat load calculations, duct construction, and green technologies.
Our HVAC-R Program prepares students with the technical knowledge and skills to succeed in a rewarding career in the areas of:
- Residential HVAC Technician
- Commercial HVAC Technician
- Commercial Freezer and Refrigeration Technician
- Installation and Repair Technician
- Business Owner
- General Contractor
- Energy Auditor
- Renewable Energy Consultant
- Construction and Facilities Manager
- Mechanical Engineer, and more.
Students can also continue their education at a two or four year college.
Instructor: Matt Waldman