Don't miss Back to School Night 2020! Thursday, September 17th, from 6-8pm!
Remote Learning Information
Day 1 Schedule. September 18, 2020
Full Week 1 Schedule. September 21 - 25, 2020
- First Week Information: Click here for the Opening Day and First Week Schedules
- View the Informational Session Presentation about Fall 2020 Remote Learning in English, Spanish, or Portuguese.
- Sample Schedules: Week A, Week B.
- Full Year Schedule. Identify A and B weeks.
- Technology Support: Students who need technical support for their Chromebook, please visit the SPS Parent / Guardian Technology Support Website.
News at SHS
Meet Your Student's Teachers at Back to School Night! Thursday, September 17, 6pm to 8pm. Zoom links will be emailed and available in Aspen. Read the Welcome to Students and Families presentation to learn more.
Chromebook Distribution: September 15 (Tuesday) - 18 (Friday). 9am to 12pm. All students should pick up a NEW Chromebook at the School Street entrance. Please wear masks and maintain 6 feet of social distance. For questions or concerns, please contact a House staff member.
Principal LaGambina's Updates. Find the most recent communications to students and families.
Update your student's contact information online. Find instructions at the Enrollment Website.
- SHS Office Hours. Monday- Friday from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm this summer. During these hours, you can obtain work permits, request transcripts, and also withdrawals.
- MBTA Student Bus Passes. Any student who needs an MBTA student bus pass or information about the student pass, please fill out the MBTA Student Pass Form.
- Work Permits. Students requiring work permits please contact Mrs. Favaloro at email@example.com. Fill out the Youth Employment Permit Application and bring it with you during SHS Main Office Hours. Students must follow social distancing protocols and wear a mask.
- Welcome New Students. Visit the Welcome to SHS page to learn about Somerville High School and to sign up for Virtual Orientation Events!
- Information about the Somerville High School School Reopening Team.
- Information about the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Congratulations Class of 2020!
- Free breakfast, lunch, and other food resource information can be found here: https://somerville.k12.ma.us/foodresources
- X-2 Aspen Login: https://studentdata.k12.somerville.ma.us/x2sis/logon.do
- Student newspaper: The Piper
- Join an After School Club or Activity
- SHS Library Website: https://sites.google.com/view/shs-library/home
- Destiny Library Catalog: https://somerville.follettdestiny.com
- SFLC School Based Family Liaison, Vanety Cruz
- SHS Volunteer Coordinator: Please contact Meghan Sousa
- School Nurses: 2020-2021 SHS Nurses are Terri Emens, Maria Tully (ext. 6168 and 6164). School Nursing
- CHA Somerville Teen Connection
- Transcripts: Graduates from Somerville High School who require copy of their transcripts and companies seeking high school graduation verification should contact Barbara Favaloro.
- Contact Somerville High School
Somerville High School Building Project
- SHS Building Project Update
- Learn about the new building's Educational Plan in this informational video.
- Visit the SHS Building Project website to learn all about this project.
- Watch construction in real-time through time-lapse photography.
- Flyover Video of what the new Somerville High School campus will look like
Sibby LaGambina, Principal
Mr. LaGambina oversees the running of the high school as Principal, as well as supporting and overseeing all academic departments, the Counseling Department and Assistant Principals. His previous position was as Assistant Principal/Housemaster. He is also the former Chair of the Science Department.
The most recent school report card for Somerville High School 2018 available on the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education website.
Donate to the Somerville High School Scholarship Foundation