Report Card and MCAS updates: May 3, 2021 Principal Update in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Haitian Creole. Report Card and MCAS updates.
Survey about the return to in-person learning: April 30, 2021 Principal Update in English, Spanish, Portugese, and Haitian Creole.
Survey about summer learning: April 26, 2021 Principal Update.
Spring Sports: Sign up for Spring Sports! Instructions in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Haitian Creole. May 7, 2021 is last day to add new athletes to programs.
Students are being asked to fill out a 2021 Youth Risk Behavior Survey. Parents may fill out the Opt Out Form if they do not wish to participate or to find more information about the survey.
Read updates from Principal LaGambina here.
Remote Learning Information
- Tech Support: Students having problems with their Chromebook or with technology, please visit the SPS Parent / Guardian Technology Support Website.
- Log in to X-2 Aspen to find student-specific schedules. (Parents and Guardians are invited to log in for up-to-date information about their student's academic progress.)
- Find Information about Career and Technical Education program schedules.
For more schedule details: Quarter 3 Student Weekly A/B Schedule
|April 26-30||Week A|
|May 3-7||Week B|
Principal LaGambina's Updates: Find the most recent communications to students and families.
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus. Free breakfast, lunch, and other food resource information can be found here: https://somerville.k12.ma.us/foodresources.
- Information about the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- SHS Office Hours: Monday- Friday from 7:15 am to 3:15 pm. During these hours, you can obtain work permits (remotely), request transcripts (remotely), and also request withdrawals.
- Contact Somerville High School
- MBTA Student Bus Passes: Any student who needs an MBTA student bus pass or information about the student pass, please fill out the MBTA Student Pass Form.
- Work Permits: Fill out the Youth Employment Permit Application and email the form to Mrs. Favaloro at email@example.com.
- SFLC School Based Family Liaison, Vanety Cruz
- SHS Volunteer Coordinator: Please contact Meghan Sousa
- School Nurses: 2020-2021 SHS Nurses are Terri Emens, Maria Tully (ext. 6168 and 6164). School Nursing
- CHA Somerville Teen Connection
- Somerville High School School Reopening Team.
- Student newspaper: The Piper
- Join an After School Club or Activity
- SHS Library Website: https://sites.google.com/view/shs-library/home. Destiny Library Catalog: https://somerville.follettdestiny.com
- Transcripts: Graduates from Somerville High School who require copy of their transcripts and companies seeking high school graduation verification should contact Barbara Favaloro.
Somerville High School Building Project
- See the New Bulding! Take an online tour of the new Somerville High School building.
- SHS Building Project Update
- Learn about the new building's Educational Plan in this informational video.
- Visit the SHS Building Project website to learn all about this project.
- Watch construction in real-time through time-lapse photography.
- Flyover Video of what the new Somerville High School campus will look like
Sibby LaGambina, Principal
Mr. LaGambina oversees the running of the high school as Principal, as well as supporting and overseeing all academic departments, the Counseling Department and Assistant Principals. His previous position was as Assistant Principal/Housemaster. He is also the former Chair of the Science Department.
The most recent school report card for Somerville High School (2020) available on the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education website.
Donate to the Somerville High School Scholarship Foundation