Start of Year 2021-2022
Student schedules can be found by logging into your ASPEN account. Check out the universal SHS Daily Schedule. Questions about your schedule? Visit the SHS Communities page to find your counselor.
Free Breakfast and Lunch for ALL students. Visit Food and Nutrition Services to find menus.
Returning Student Online Registration: All families are required to update their student’s information with the district by October 15th using the links below. Families received a "snapcode" log-in number for each student from the Enrollment Office in an email from PowerSchool Registration Support. Registration takes approximately 15 minutes.
Returning Student Registration PowerSchool Links:
- English – https://registration.powerschool.com/family/gosnap.aspx?action=29039&culture=en
- Spanish – https://registration.powerschool.com/family/gosnap.aspx?action=29039&culture=es
- Haitian – https://registration.powerschool.com/family/gosnap.aspx?action=29039&culture=ht
- Portuguese – https://registration.powerschool.com/family/gosnap.aspx?action=29039&culture=pt
- Report a Student Absence. Please visit the SHS Communities page and call the your student's Community direct line or email the Community Administrative Assistant to report any student absences. Communities are organized by the first initial of the last name.
- Log in to X-2 Aspen to find student-specific schedules. (Parents and Guardians are invited to log in for up-to-date information about their student's academic progress.)
- Tech Support: Students having problems with their Chromebook or with technology, please visit the SPS Parent / Guardian Technology Support Website.
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus. All students receive free breakfast and lunch in 2021-2022. Breakfast service begins at 7:15am.
- Join a Club! View the Clubs List.
- Free food resources information can be found here: https://somerville.k12.ma.us/foodresources.
- SHS Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:15am to 3:15pm. During these hours, you can obtain work permits (remotely), request transcripts (remotely), and also request withdrawals.
- Contact Somerville High School
- MBTA Student Bus Passes: Any student who needs an MBTA student bus pass or information about the student pass, please fill out the MBTA Student Pass Form.
- Work Permits: Fill out the Youth Employment Permit Application and email the form to Mrs. Favaloro at email@example.com.
- SFLC School Based Family Liaison: Nayi Padilla
- SHS Volunteer Coordinator: Meghan Sousa
- School Nurses: 2021-2022 SHS Nurses are Terri Emens, Maria Tully (ext. 6168 and 6164). School Nursing
- CHA Somerville Teen Connection
- Student newspaper: The Piper
- SHS Library Website: https://sites.google.com/view/shs-library/home. Destiny Library Catalog: https://somerville.follettdestiny.com
- Transcripts: Graduates from Somerville High School who require a copy of their transcripts and companies seeking high school graduation verification should contact Barbara Favaloro.
Somerville High School Building Project
- See the new building! Take an online tour of the new Somerville High School building.
- SHS Building Project Update
- Learn about the new building's Educational Plan in this informational video.
- Visit the SHS Building Project website to learn all about this project.
- Watch construction in real-time through time-lapse photography.
- Flyover Video of what the new Somerville High School campus will look like
The most recent school report card for Somerville High School (2020) available on the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education website.
Donate to the Somerville High School Scholarship Foundation
School Hours: 7:55am to 2:32pm
FREE Breakfast for All Students starts service at 7:15am
Safety Line (to report absences): 617-625-6600, x6100
Somerville High School, Grades 9-12
81 Highland Avenue, Somerville, MA 02143
(617) 625-6600, ext 6100