Rising 9th Graders: Join the Summer Success Program! Learn strategies for success at SHS and check out the awesome music, theatre and Career and Technicial Education classes available. Enroll on Family ID.
Session B: July 12- July 23, 8:30am - 10:30pm or 10:40am - 12:40pm
Session C: July 26 - August 6, 10:40am - 12:40pm or 1:00pm-2:45pm.
#SHSHighlanders: Have you ever wanted to try electrical, but you're not enrolled in the program? Want to learn a few songs on the guitar or try playing a drum kit? Check out the FREE, short classes open to any SHS students this summer. Visit the Summer Learning page or view the Class Descriptions to learn more. Enroll on Family ID. Session A 7/6-7/9, Session B 7/12-7/23, Session C 7/26-8/6 during 3 time slots: 8:30am - 10:30pm, 10:40am - 12:40pm, or 1:00pm-2:45pm.
Dates: July 6 - August 6 (students who finish their course early can leave before August 6), 8:30am–10:30am, 10:40am-12:40pm, and if needed, 1:00–2:45pm
In-person and remote learning information
COVID Testing for ALL students: All students studying in-person must continue to participate in pool COVID testing on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 7:30am - 12:00pm at Somerville High School.
- Learn about the School Schedule for Quarter 4 for both in-person and remote learners.
- Tech Support: Students having problems with their Chromebook or with technology, please visit the SPS Parent / Guardian Technology Support Website.
- Log in to X-2 Aspen to find student-specific schedules. (Parents and Guardians are invited to log in for up-to-date information about their student's academic progress.)
- Find Information about Career and Technical Education program schedules.
Congratulations Class of 2021!
Watch Graduation at Dilboy Stadium on Monday, June 7!
Tentative Date: Class of 2021 Social June 28, from 6:00-10:00 PM at Assembly Row "Sylvester Baxter Riverfront Park"
This Class of 2021 only event will be free of charge due to the generosity of many. Details of this event will be provided to students directly through their Class Advisor & Class Officers at a later date.
Survey about summer learning: April 26, 2021 Principal Update.
Students are being asked to fill out a 2021 Youth Risk Behavior Survey. Parents may fill out the Opt Out Form if they do not wish to participate or to find more information about the survey.
Read updates from Principal LaGambina here.
Principal LaGambina's Updates: Find the most recent communications to students and families.
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus. Free breakfast, lunch, and other food resource information can be found here: https://somerville.k12.ma.us/foodresources.
- Information about the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- SHS Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:15am to 3:15pm. During these hours, you can obtain work permits (remotely), request transcripts (remotely), and also request withdrawals.
- Contact Somerville High School
- MBTA Student Bus Passes: Any student who needs an MBTA student bus pass or information about the student pass, please fill out the MBTA Student Pass Form.
- Work Permits: Fill out the Youth Employment Permit Application and email the form to Mrs. Favaloro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SFLC School Based Family Liaison, Vanety Cruz
- SHS Volunteer Coordinator: Please contact Meghan Sousa
- School Nurses: 2020-2021 SHS Nurses are Terri Emens, Maria Tully (ext. 6168 and 6164). School Nursing
- CHA Somerville Teen Connection
- Somerville High School School Reopening Team
- Student newspaper: The Piper
- Join an After School Club or Activity
- SHS Library Website: https://sites.google.com/view/shs-library/home. Destiny Library Catalog: https://somerville.follettdestiny.com
- Transcripts: Graduates from Somerville High School who require a copy of their transcripts and companies seeking high school graduation verification should contact Barbara Favaloro.
Somerville High School Building Project
- See the new building! Take an online tour of the new Somerville High School building.
- SHS Building Project Update
- Learn about the new building's Educational Plan in this informational video.
- Visit the SHS Building Project website to learn all about this project.
- Watch construction in real-time through time-lapse photography.
- Flyover Video of what the new Somerville High School campus will look like
Sibby LaGambina, Principal
Mr. LaGambina oversees the running of the high school as Principal, as well as supporting and overseeing all academic departments, the Counseling Department and Assistant Principals. His previous position was as Assistant Principal/Housemaster. He is also the former Chair of the Science Department.
The most recent school report card for Somerville High School (2020) available on the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education website.
Donate to the Somerville High School Scholarship Foundation