What's Trending at SHS
Are you new to Somerville High School? Visit this helpful list of resources.
Learn more about #HighlanderHabits.
2019-2020 Returning Student Online Information Update
- English: https://registration.powerschool.com/family/gosnap.aspx?action=16642&culture=en
- Spanish: https://registration.powerschool.com/family/gosnap.aspx?action=16642&culture=es
- Haitian: https://registration.powerschool.com/family/gosnap.aspx?action=16642&culture=ht
- Portuguese: https://registration.powerschool.com/family/gosnap.aspx?action=16642&culture=pt
Somerville High School Building Project
- Has your Career and Technical Education program moved to the Edgerly Building? Learn more.
- CTE Shuttle Bus Schedule to and from Edgerly for 2019-2020. Please note, students may not drive personal vehicles between Edgerly and SHS.
- SHS Building Project Update - August 23, 2019
- Learn about the new building's Educational Plan in this informational video.
- Visit the SHS Building Project website to learn all about this project.
- Watch construction as in real-time through time-lapse photography.
- Flyover Video of what the new Somerville High School campus will look like
- Lunch Menu Free Breakfast for all students from 7:00-7:45am every day and Free Lunch for all students.
- X-2 Aspen Login: https://studentdata.k12.somerville.ma.us/x2sis/logon.do
- The Piper Our student newspaper.
- Join an After School Club or Activity
- SHS Library Website: http://somervillehighlibrary.weebly.com/
- Destiny Library Catalog: https://somerville.follettdestiny.com
- School Nurses: 2019-2020 SHS Nurses are Terri Emens, Maria Tully (ext. 6168 and 6164). School Nursing
- CHA Somerville Teen Connection
- Purchase a Student MBTA Pass. Contact Ms. Allen in room 235 for more information.
- SFLC School Based Family Liaison, Vanety Cruz in Room 234A-2.
- SHS Volunteer Coordinator: Please contact Meghan Sousa
Morning Announcement: https://www.youtube.com/c/SomervilleTVMedia/live
Wednesday Early Release dates (students dismissed at 1:33): September 11, 18, 25, 2019 / October 9, 16, 23, 30, 2019 / November 6, 13, 20, 2019/ December 11, 18, 2019/ January 8, 22, 29, 2020 / February 12, 26, 2020 / March 11, 18, 2020 / April 1, 8, 15, 29, 2020 / May 6, 13, 27. 2020
Sibby LaGambina, Principal at Somerville High School (pictured Right)
Mr. LaGambina oversees the running of the high school as Principal, as well as supporting and overseeing all academic departments, the Counseling Department and Assistant Principals. His previous position was as Assistant Principal/Housemaster. He is also the former Chair of the Science Department.
Leo DeSimone, Associate Principal at Somerville High School (pictured Left)
As Associate Principal, Mr. DeSimone is lead on the SHS building project, assists with Athletics, provides primary budget oversight, and assists with day-to-day administration of the building and operations. He also enters his eighth year as Career and Technical Education Director.
The most recent school report card for Somerville High School 2018 available on the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education website.
Donate to the Somerville High School Scholarship Foundation