What's Trending at SHS
- Information about the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Students requiring work permits please contact Mrs. Favaloro at email@example.com.
Home Learning Materials from Teachers
Students are encouraged to access enrichment work and assignments developed by their SHS teachers. Visit department websites to learn more about accessing these materials.
Social Studies Social Studies Department Webpage Materials accessible through Google Classroom. Social Studies teachers worked hard to create engaging coursework tailored for theirstudents.
English English Department Webpage. Materials from teachers are accessible through Google Classroom.
Mathematics Math Department Webpage. Materials from teachers are accessible through Google Classroom.
Science Science Department Webpage. Materials from teachers are accessible through Google Classroom.
World Language World Language Department Materials from teachers accessible through Google Classrooom.
Music Here are some resources to help guide students in continuing their learning and exploration during this time. This document is ever evolving and feedback and appropriate additions are encouraged. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PJ3i9hWXVfDJlRralS-vkrTUBP2IzLMYBSgaWzNsDxg/edit
Special Education Inclusion Teachers collaborated with content area teacher teams to make sure material is accessible. Resource Teachers prepared an enrichment assignment packet that is available electronically, and in hard copy if students need it. Life Skills/SHIP/Transition-Work packets will be available at modified levels in paper form. Here's the link to the materials for special education programs/classes. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MVBMIVjH855At7-3D4T4Sxj_LLF34-H8BCBE9O8Taaw/edit?usp=sharing
Physical Education Physical Education Webpage. Materials accessible through Google Classroom.
Message about Advanced Placement Exams
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, there will be no in-person AP Exams in 2020. Instead, College Board is creating 45 minute online exams designed to be taken at home. This website has more details, free resources for students to prepare for exams, and will have an exam schedule by April 3rd. Please check that website frequently for more updates from College Board. Please contact your student’s AP teacher or Melanie Kessler at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.”
Principal's Updates to Students and Families
- Principal's update: 04/05/2020.
- Principal's update: 03/31/2020. Chromebook Distribution.
- DESE Letter to Families: 03/30/2020.
- Principals's Update: 03/27/2020. Third Quarter Grades.
- Principal's Update: 03/23/2020.
- Technology Survey: 03/17/20.
- Principal's Update: 03/14/20.
Home Learning videos from Khan Academy
Science and Engineering
Arts and Humanities
College, Careers, and More
Somerville High School Building Project
- Has your Career and Technical Education program moved to the Edgerly Building? Learn more.
- CTE Shuttle Bus Schedule to and from Edgerly for 2019-2020. Please note, students may not drive personal vehicles between Edgerly and SHS.
- SHS Building Project Update
- Learn about the new building's Educational Plan in this informational video.
- Visit the SHS Building Project website to learn all about this project.
- Watch construction in real-time through time-lapse photography.
- Flyover Video of what the new Somerville High School campus will look like
- Lunch Menu Free Breakfast for all students from 7:00-7:45am every day and Free Lunch for all students.
- X-2 Aspen Login: https://studentdata.k12.somerville.ma.us/x2sis/logon.do
- The Piper Our student newspaper.
- Join an After School Club or Activity
- SHS Library Website: http://somervillehighlibrary.weebly.com/
- Destiny Library Catalog: https://somerville.follettdestiny.com
- School Nurses: 2019-2020 SHS Nurses are Terri Emens, Maria Tully (ext. 6168 and 6164). School Nursing
- CHA Somerville Teen Connection
- Purchase a Student MBTA Pass. Contact Ms. Allen in room 235 for more information.
- SFLC School Based Family Liaison, Vanety Cruz in Room 234A-2.
- SHS Volunteer Coordinator: Please contact Meghan Sousa
- Graduates from Somerville High School who require copy of their transcripts should contact Barbara Favaloro. Companies seeking high school graduation verification for former Somerville High School students should also contact Barbara Favaloro.
- Contact SHS
- Morning Announcement: https://www.youtube.com/c/SomervilleTVMedia/live
- Wednesday Early Release dates (students dismissed at 1:33): September 11, 18, 25, 2019 / October 9, 16, 23, 30, 2019 / November 6, 13, 20, 2019/ December 11, 18, 2019/ January 8, 22, 29, 2020 / February 12, 26, 2020 / March 11, 18, 2020 / April 1, 8, 15, 29, 2020 / May 6, 13, 27. 2020
Sibby LaGambina, Principal
Mr. LaGambina oversees the running of the high school as Principal, as well as supporting and overseeing all academic departments, the Counseling Department and Assistant Principals. His previous position was as Assistant Principal/Housemaster. He is also the former Chair of the Science Department.
Associate Principal Leo DeSimone is dearly missed by friends, colleagues and students. We lost him suddenly on November 26, 2019. Please find the notice to students and staff here.
The most recent school report card for Somerville High School 2018 available on the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education website.
Donate to the Somerville High School Scholarship Foundation