Congratulations Class of 2023!!
Parents/Guardians of Seniors: There is a LOT happening between now and graduation! Please remember that all school work MUST be completed by Thursday, May 25 at 2:30 in order for students to graduate in June. Please read the Senior / Class of 2023 Information slideshow in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole to learn about about grades, prom, class day, and graduation. Finally, expect an upcoming email about ways you can make a donation to the PTSA to make sure all of our seniors get to experience prom and other milestones.
Welcome Class of 2027
If you are a rising 9th grader, please join one of our Orientation Events. There will be a virtual, self-paced orientation, Welcome Nights for you and your family, and one-day orientation events. Learn more at the Welcome to SHS page.
Medford Street Westbound Closure
Starting as soon as Thursday, May 25, there will be a detour that may affect your commute to and from school. We recommend that staff, students, and families allow extra time to arrive and leave school at drop-off and pickup times. Medford St. will be closed to westbound traffic between Walnut St. and Pearl St. Find more information here: https://www.somervillema.gov/glx
- Report a Student Absence. Please visit the SHS Communities page and call your student's Community direct line or email the Community Administrative Assistant to report any student absences. Communities are organized by the first initial of the last name.
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus. All students receive free breakfast and lunch in 2022–2023. Breakfast service begins at 7:15 a.m.
- SHS Office Hours: Monday–Friday, 7:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. During these hours, you can obtain work permits and request transcripts.
- Students received free MBTA passes for the 2022–2023 school year. Learn more.
- SFLC School-Based Family Liaison: Nayi Padilla
- School Nurses: 2022–2023 SHS Nurses are Terri Emens (617-625-6600 x611062) and Maria Tully (617-625-6600 x611061). School Nursing.
- CHA Somerville Teen Connection
- Work Permits: Print the Promise of Employment Application or pick up a copy in the main office.
- Log in to X-2 Aspen to find student-specific schedules. (Parents and Guardians are invited to log in for up-to-date information about their student's academic progress.) Check out the universal SHS Daily Schedule.
- Tech Support: Students having problems with their Chromebook or with technology, please visit the SPS Parent / Guardian Technology Support Website.
- SHS Library Website: https://sites.google.com/view/shs-library/home. Destiny Library Catalog: https://somerville.follettdestiny.com.
- Join a Club! View the Clubs List.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Jen Capuano
- Transcripts: Send an email to request your transcript to Barbara Favaloro.
Somerville High School Building Project
- Watch a video about the new building: SHS Building for Lifetime Learning
- Take an online tour of the new Somerville High School building.
- SHS Building Project Update
- Learn about the new building's Educational Plan in this informational video.
- Visit the SHS Building Project website to learn all about this project.
- Watch construction in real-time through time-lapse photography.
The Somerville High School (SHS) leadership team and the Somerville Public Schools district are pleased to announce that SHS plans to seek formal accreditation by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). NEASC is a voluntary accrediting agency of more than 2,000 public and independent schools, colleges, and universities, and vocational, technical, and career institutions. Of these, approximately 725 schools are accredited through the Association's Commission on Public Schools. The Commission works with individual schools to improve the quality of education through a continuous process of evaluation and Accreditation.
Contact Somerville High School: Main Office 617-629-5250. Marie Connolly or Barbara Favaloro.
Somerville High School regularly reports demographic and student progress data to the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). This data is used to develop the annual No Child Left Behind progress report card for Somerville High School. The 2022 Somerville High School report card is available on the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education website.
Donate to the Somerville High School Scholarship Foundation.