We believe in developing the whole child -- the intellectual, social, emotional, and physical potential of all students -- by providing students with the skills, opportunities, and resources that will nurture innovative ideas, foster pride in diversity, inspire students to become lifelong learners, and empower them to enrich their communities.
Ours is a multicultural school community dedicated to the realization of the full intellectual, physical, social, and emotional potential of all students. In this pursuit, we shall maintain a safe environment that nurtures the curiosity, dignity, and self-worth of each individual.
The Somerville School Committee and District Administration work in partnership toward fulfilling the vision and mission of our District, and engaging the Somerville community in providing all Somerville youth with an exceptional educational experience.
The Somerville School Committee is comprised of seven elected members, each representing one of seven wards in the city. The Mayor of Somerville and the President of the Somerville Board of Aldermen are also voting members of the Somerville School Committee. The School Committee establishes educational goals and policies for the District, and works with the Superintendent to ensure that educational goals and policies are met. The Superintendent also serves as Secretary of the Somerville School Committee.
2022 Somerville School Committee
- Andre L. Green, Ward 4, Chair
- Ilana Krepchin, Ward 2, Vice-Chair
- Emily Ackman, Ward 1
- Sarah Phillips, Ward 3
- Laura Pitone, Ward 5
- Ellenor Barish, Ward 6
- Sara Dion, Ward 7
- Honorable Mayor Katjana Ballantyne
- Matthew McLaughlin, President, Somerville City Council
Under the direction of the Superintendent, the District Administration team is responsible for implementing policy and providing professional leadership and support at schools and departments throughout the District, working toward established educational goals. The District's central administrative offices are located at the Edgerly Education Building (8 Bonair Street) and include the following central office departments: Office of the Superintendent, Curriculum/Instruction/Assessment, Student Services, Human Resources, Finance & Payroll, and Communications and Grants. Central administration office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
District Administration Cabinet Team
- Dr. Jeff Curley, Interim Superintendent of Schools
- Susana Hernandez Morgan, Interim Chief of Staff
- Chad Mazza, Interim Assistant Superintendent of Schools, Operations
- Dr. Jessica Boston Davis, Interim Assistant Superintendent of Schools, Curriculum
- Karen Woods, Interim Chief Personnel Officer
- Francis Gorski, Chief Financial Officer
- Christine Trevisone, Director of Special Education, Nursing, and Health Services
- Uri Harel, K-8 Curriculum Coordinator
- Elizabeth Doncaster, Director of Student Services
- Kathleen Bailer, Director of Early Education and Care
- John Breslin, Director of Technology
- Mariana MacDonald, Director of Human Resources
- Lauren Mancini, Food & Nutrition Services Director
- Teresa Rodriguez, Enrollment Office Director
- Regina Bertholdo, Director of Basic Needs and Housing Support Services
- Paulina Mitropoulos, District Administrator of Programs, Multilingual Learner Education, and Family and Community Partnerships
- Samantha Eligene, Director of Data, Assessment, and Accountability
- Jose Mendez, Operations and Extended Learning Director
- Rosanna Paribello, Director of Community Schools Program
- Joe Tringale, Director of Operations