Returning Student Online Registration
All families are required to update their student’s information with the district by October 15th using the links below. Families received a "snapcode" log-in number for each student from the Enrollment Office in an email from PowerSchool Registration Support. Registration takes approximately 15 minutes.
2021-22 Returning Student Registration PowerSchool (InfoSnap) Links:
- English – https://registration.powerschool.com/family/gosnap.aspx?action=29039&culture=en
- Spanish – https://registration.powerschool.com/family/gosnap.aspx?action=29039&culture=es
- Haitian – https://registration.powerschool.com/family/gosnap.aspx?action=29039&culture=ht
- Portuguese – https://registration.powerschool.com/family/gosnap.aspx?action=29039&culture=pt
The Capuano Center's educational philosophy centers on providing students with extensive, varied, developmentally appropriate and fun learning opportunities that will help them grow intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally. The entire building is designed with early childhood in mind. Offered at the Capuano are the SMILE Pre-K Program, Early Childhood Intervention Program (ECIP) for Pre-K students and Kindergarten classrooms.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions for parents and guardians of Capuano Students.
Some of the Learning Opportunities Offered at the Capuano School
- Strong parent-teacher (home-school) connection
- Launch of Second Step social-emotional curriculum school-wide in 2016-2017
- Raising a Reader Partnership loans books to students on a weekly basis to read with family at home
- Second Step social-emotional curriculum used school-wide.
- Library/media center open extended morning and afternoon hours for independent reading
- Recognized by the Green Guide as one of the top Green Schools in the nation
- Innovative childhood learning center with child-friendly interpretive exhibits created by TERC installed through the facility
- City of Somerville community gardens on site as well as state-of-the-art soccer and playground areas.
- Community schools runs an after school fee-for-service program that delivers safe, developmentally appropriate enrichment curriculum until 5:30pm.
- Partnership with Somerville Recreation delivers Art a la Cart and Children at Play after-school programs, and the Smart Sports Development program for Kindergarten families
School report card
The Capuano Center regularly reports demographic and student progress data to the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). This data is used to develop the annual No Child Left Behind progress report card for the Capuano. The 2020 School Report Card for the Capuano is available on the DESE.
Free School Breakast Served Every Morning at:
- 7:40 - Kindergarten (in the school cafeteria)
- 8:45 - Pre-K (in the classrooms)