Welcome from Superintendent Dr. Rubén Carmona
The Central Administration of the Somerville Public Schools (SPS) includes the Office of the Superintendent and the following central office departments: Curriculum/Instruction/Assessment, Student Services, Human Resources, Finance/Payroll, and Communications and Grants.
- Central Office Phone Number: 617-629-5200
- Central Office Fax Number: 617-629-5661
- Superintendent's Office Phone Number: 617-629-5211
Office of the Superintendent
- Dr. Rubén Carmona, Superintendent of Schools
- Amara Anosike, Chief of Staff
- Dr. Jessica Boston Davis, Assistant Superintendent of Academics
- Chad Mazza, Assistant Superintendent of Operations
- Ana Bautista, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent of Schools and Chief of Staff
- Erika Garcia, Administrative Assistant
Please visit the District Leadership page for a list of School Committee Members and the Executive Leadership Team.
Reports and Documents
At the request of Somerville Public Schools, FLO Analytics prepared forecasts of future student enrollment for PK through grade 12 for school years 2023–24 to 2032–33. The preliminary data indicate either a fairly steady or a slight decrease in enrollment over the next 10 years. At the higher end, the forecast indicates about a 2% increase in overall student enrollment between this year through SY33. At the lower end, the forecast indicates anywhere from a 5% to a 9% decrease in enrollment between this year through SY33. You can read the full report below.
- October 10, 2023 - Joint Statement from SPS and City of Somerville on Attacks in Israel
- January 24, 2023 - Joint Statement from SPS and City of Somerville on Recent Shootings
- November 20, 2022 - Joint Statement on Colorado LGBTQ+ Shooting
- July 29, 2022 - Interim Superintendent and SPS Transition Plan
- August 18, 2021 - Joint Statement on Earthquake in Haiti
- January 6, 2021 - Joint Statement on Insurrection at U.S. Capitol - in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole
- September 25, 2020 - Joint Statement from the Mayor and Superintendent Regarding the Killing of Breonna Taylor
- May 31, 2020 - Joint Statement from the Mayor and Superintendent Regarding the Killing of George Floyd
- September 6, 2017 - Joint Statement from the Mayor and Superintendent Reaffirming our Commitment to Every Student