The Somerville High School Early Education and Care Program is available for freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors interested in pursuing a career in Early Childhood. The students learn and practice theory and methods of teaching. They keep journals, write lesson plans, create a portfolio, and design a classroom setting. The students have internships at one of many placements throughout the City of Somerville. Students who complete three years in the Early Education and Care Program can become eligible through the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC).
Our students are excited and enthusiastic to have the many different career choices available in Early Education and Care.
Suzanne Antoine, Room: 157. Phone : 617.625.6600 x6167
- Early Education and Care (EEC) certification
- Pediatric First Aid / CPR AED the from American Heart Association
- OSHA 10 Hour Certification
- Michael E. Capuano Early Childhood Center
- Winter Hill Community Innovation School
- East Somerville Community School
- West Somerville Community School
- Albert F. Argenziano School at Lincoln Park
- Somerville Child Care Center
- Elizabeth Peabody House