The Somerville High School Child Development Program is available for freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors interested in pursuing a career in Early Childhood. The students learn and practice theory and methods of teaching. They keep journals, write lesson plans, create a portfolio, and design a classroom setting. The students have internships at one of many placements throughout the City of Somerville. Students who complete three years in the Child Development Program can become eligible through the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) and receive a certificate as an Early Childhood Teaching Teacher.
Our students are excited and enthusiastic to have the many different career choices available in Child Development.
Suzanne Antoine, Room: 157. Phone : 617.625.6600 x6167
- Early Education and Care (EEC) certification
- Pediatric First Aid / CPR AED the from American Heart Association
- OSHA 10 Hour Certification
- Michael E. Capuano Early Childhood Center
- Winter Hill Community Innovation School
- East Somerville Community School
- West Somerville Community School
- Albert F. Argenziano School at Lincoln Park
- Somerville Child Care Center
- Elizabeth Peabody House