School-Based Family and Community Liaison Team
Our multilingual Liaison Team works with families, schools, and SPS departments to promote home-school partnerships through welcoming, responsive, and inclusive programming.
District Administrator of Programs – Multilingual Learner Education / Family and Community Partnerships, Sarah Davila, 617-625- 6600 x6097
SFLC Director, Nomi Davidson
Basic Needs and Homeless Liaison, Francia Reyes, 617-895-6014
Argenziano School: Telma Leitao, 617-863-6352
Brown School: Deborah Duarte-Calorio, (617)629-5480
Capuano Early Childhood Center: Deborah Duarte-Calorio 617-629-5460
East Somerville Community School: TBD 617-545-3225
Healey School: Heidy Castro, 617-863-6549
Kennedy School: Francesca Nguyen Vo Broekman, 617-863-2421
West Somerville Neighborhood School: Lee-Anne King 617-625-6600 x6451
Next Wave/Full Circle: TBD
Somerville High School: Nayi Padilla, 617-625-6600 x6265
*Indicates liaisons who work during the academic year only. All other liaisons work the academic year as well as summers.
More About Liaisons
SFLC Liaisons help families...
- connect to school and city programs and supports, services and community resources like the Somerville Backpack Program, Parent/Guardian English Classes, and SFLC programs.
- support or host school-wide and classroom-based events.
- arrange for interpretation and/or translation.
- provide school tours and information for prospective and incoming families.
- welcome all families in the school community.
- support home-school communication.
- provide information about school and community programs and opportunities.
- refer families and staff to school and community resources.