Parents and Guardians
Find afterschool, vacation week and summer programming from SPS and Community Partners here.
Resources for Somerville Families
Find local help with rental assistance, legal support, food, and more:
English Resources for Families
Recursos para Familias de Somerville (Spanish)
Resous pa fanmi Somerville (Haitian Creole)
Recursos para familias (Portuguese)
Ages and Stages
Do you have questions about how your child is learning or developing skills? The SFLC has a FREE program to answer these kinds of questions. This program is open to all Somerville Families. Free Developmental Screening checklists for families to fill out about children between 1 month and 5 years old using the "Ages and Stages" system.
Parent / Guardian English Classes
SFLC Parent/Guardian English Classes are offered to parents/guardians of SPS students. Participants can practice and strengthen their English language skills while learning about and becoming more engaged with their child’s education. SFLC works in collaboration with The Welcome Project to provide classes held in the morning and evening. Parents/Guardians can register for classes by filling out the Interest Form. For more information, please reach out to Marla Aguirre at Maguirre@k12.somerville.ma.us, 617-629-5400 x 3707 or the SFLC: 617-625-6600 X6966
Somerville Public Schools' Talking About Racism and Activism has learning resources for families.
2019 Social Story for Week of the Young Child: I Live Here in Somerville!
- I Live Here in Somerville! (English)
- I Live Here in Somerville! (Spanish)
- I Live Here in Somerville! (Portuguese)
- I Live Here in Somerville! (Haitian Creole)
2017 & 2018 Social Story for the Week of the Young Child:
- Somerville, a Kind and Fair City (English)
- Somerville, una Ciudad Justa y Amable (Spanish)
- Somerville, uma Cidade Generosa e Justa (Portuguese)
- Somerville, Yon Vil Kote Yo Janti Epi Jis (Haitian Creole)
- 2018 Letter from Mayor Curtatone to Somerville Children
Social Story: Working Together for a Wonderful City
- Working Together for a Wonderful City in English
- Nap Travay Ansanm pou yon Vil Mayifik_Haitian Creole
- Trabajando Juntos por una Maravillosa Ciudad_Espanol
- Trabalhando Juntos para uma Cidade Maravilhosa_Portugues
A Social Story to Help Children During Hard Times: When Things Feel Terrible
A Social Story to Help with Biting: A Mouth Can
Somervillehub.org One-stop shopping for early childhood activities in Somerville.
Multilingual Services ensures access to interpretation and translation services for Somerville Public School staff in order to communicate with school families. The Multilingual Services team is comprised of 100 staff members who speak 22 languages, including English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, and lower incident languages. Contact: Maura Mendoza, Multilingual Services Coordinator, 617-625-6600 ext. 6958.