PreKindergarten and Kindergarten Registration Information
- Preschool Flyer in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole.
- Kindergarten Flyer in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole.
- Learn more about our schools by visiting the School Open Houses page for virtual events, school information, and after school programs!
Enrollment Office Services
The Enrollment Office guides families through the process of registering students for school, and helps families find local resources and services necessary to support their child's education and development throughout their lives. Enrollment Office staff members speak English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, and French. For assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-629-5670. The Enrollment Office provides the following services to families in Somerville and the Somerville Public Schools:
- Kindergarten Registration
- Preschool Registration
- New Student Registration for Grades 1–8
- New Student Registration for Grades 9–12
- Intra-District Transfer Requests
- Re-Enrollment Process to provide updated contact information
- Nurse review and assistance obtaining medical registration information
- Information about Parent Workshops and Support Groups
- Additional services include Bilingual Services as well as Parent/Guardian outreach
- Referral to Mass Health/Children's Medical Plan Insurance
The Somerville Public Schools is committed to having all activities in all schools accessible to all students, parents/guardians, and community members. Click here for details on accessibility.
The Somerville Public Schools has a basic process for registering new students in grades K-12 that is compliant with Massachusetts General Law. Additional information and paperwork is needed to register students in high school and pre-kindergarten.
The Somerville Public School District uses a controlled choice student assignment plan to place students in any of the schools across the city. Controlled choice means parents and guardians have the option of registering their student in any school in Somerville. Learn more about controlled choice on the Choosing a School page.
Enrollment Office Staff
- Fernanda Alves: Enrollment Specialist (Portuguese, English)
- Marjorie Alexandre Elysée: Enrollment Specialist (English, Haitian Creole, French)
- Colleen Flynn: Enrollment Office Secretary
- Herenia Hernandez: Enrollment Specialist (English, Spanish)
- Nancy Holmes: Enrollment Specialist - Pre-Kindergarten (English)
- Teresa Rodriguez: Enrollment Office Director (English, Spanish)