The Enrollment Office moved to a new location at 167 Holland Street, Somerville, MA 02144, (3rd floor) on August 31, 2023.
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 – 4:00 p.m. (Closed Tuesday mornings for enrollment 9:00 – 10:30 a.m.)
Enroll in Somerville Public Schools now!
Enroll your child in Prekindergarten, if your child will be 4 years old by August 31st, 2023.
Enroll your child in Kindergarten, if your child will be 5 years old by August 31st, 2023.
Priority enrollment period for prekindergarten and kindergarten registration runs from January 4–February 24, 2023.
Learn about enrolling in Somerville Public Schools
Enrollment Office Services
The Enrollment Office guides families through the process of registering students for school, and helps families find local resources and services necessary to support their child's education and development throughout their lives. Enrollment Office staff members speak English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, and French. For assistance, please contact email@example.com or call 617-629-5670. The Enrollment Office provides the following services to families in Somerville and the Somerville Public Schools:
- Kindergarten Registration
- Preschool Registration
- New Student Registration for Grades 1–8
- New Student Registration for Grades 9–12
- Intra-District Transfer Requests
- Re-Enrollment Process to provide updated contact information
- Assistance with health documentation required for registration
- Information about Parent Workshops and Support Groups
- Additional services include Bilingual Services as well as Parent/Guardian outreach
- Referral to Mass Health/Children's Medical Plan Insurance
The Somerville Public Schools is committed to having all activities in all schools accessible to all students, parents/guardians, and community members. Click here for details on accessibility.
The Somerville Public School District uses a controlled choice student assignment plan to place students in any of the schools across the city. Controlled choice means parents and guardians have the option of registering their student in any school in Somerville. Learn more about controlled choice on the Choosing a School page.
Enrollment Office Staff
- Teresa Rodriguez: Enrollment Office Director (English, Spanish)
- Colleen Flynn: Enrollment Office Secretary
- Nancy Holmes: Enrollment Specialist - Prekindergarten (English)
- Fernanda Alves: Enrollment Specialist (Portuguese, English)
- Marjorie Alexandre Elysée: Enrollment Specialist (English, Haitian Creole, French)
- Herenia Hernandez: Enrollment Specialist (English, Spanish)
- Kayla Centeio, Health Enrollment Specialist (Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Spanish)