PreK and K Registration Information
- Preschool Flyer in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole.
- Kindergarten Flyer in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole.
SPECIAL NOTE: Due to technical issues, the PreK and Kindergarten registration information sessions scheduled for Tuesday, November 16th have been postponed. A new date will be announced soon. The November 17 sessions are still slated to take place as scheduled. Visit the School Open Houses page for details.
Want to learn more about each schools before you make a choice? Visit the School Open Houses page for virtual events, school information, and after school programs!
About the Enrollment Center
The Enrollment Office guides families through the process of registering students for school, and helps families find local resources and services necessary to support their child's education and development throughout their lives. Enrollment Office staff members speak English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, and French. The Enrollment Office Director is Regina Bertholdo. You can reach us by phone at (617) 629-5670.
The Enrollment Office provides the following services to families in Somerville and the Somerville Public Schools:
- Kindergarten Registration
- Preschool Registration
- New Student Registration for Grades 1–8
- New Student Registration for Grades 9–12
- Intra-District Transfer Requests
- Re-Enrollment Process to provide updated contact information
- Nurse review and assistance obtaining medical registration information
- Information about Parent Workshops and Support Groups
- Additional services include Bilingual Services as well as Parent/Guardian outreach
- Referral to Mass Health/Children's Medical Plan Insurance
The Somerville Public Schools is committed to having all activities in all schools accessible to all students, parents/guardians, and community members. Click here for details on accessibility.
The Somerville Public Schools has a basic process for registering new students in grades K-12 that is compliant with Massachusetts General Law. Additional information and paperwork is needed to register students in high school and pre-kindergarten.
The Somerville Public School District uses a controlled choice student assignment plan to place students in any of the schools across the city. Controlled choice means parents and guardians have the option of registering their student in any school in Somerville. Learn more about controlled choice on the Choosing a School page.
Enrollment Office Staff:
- Regina Bertholdo: Enrollment Office Director, Student Assignment Officer (speaks English, Portuguese, Spanish)
- Colleen Flynn: Enrollment Office Secretary
- Francia Reyes: Basic Needs and Homeless Students Services Liaison (speaks English, Spanish)
- Marjorie Alexander: Enrollment Specialist (speaks English, Haitian Creole, French)
- Erika Da Silva: Enrollment Specialist (speaks English, Portuguese)
- Karla Cabrera: Enrollment Specialist (speaks English, Spanish)
- Herenia Hernandez: Enrollment Specialist (speaks English, Spanish, Portuguese)