Enrollment Office Services
The Enrollment Office guides families through the process of registering students for school, and helps families find local resources and services necessary to support their child's education and development throughout their lives. Enrollment Office staff members speak English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, and French. For assistance, please contact email@example.com or call 617-629-5670. The Enrollment Office provides the following services to families in Somerville and the Somerville Public Schools:
- Kindergarten Registration (if your child will be 5 years old by August 31st, 2024, they can enroll for 24–25 school year)
- Preschool Registration (including prekindergarten)
- New Student Registration for Grades 1–8
- New Student Registration for Grades 9–12
- Intra-District Transfer Requests
- Re-Enrollment Process to provide updated contact information
- Assistance with health documentation required for registration
- Coordinates with other departments and schools to provide Open House events for families to visit and tour our schools
- Information about Parent Workshops and Support Groups
- Additional services include Bilingual Services as well as Parent/Guardian outreach
- Referral to Mass Health/Children's Medical Plan Insurance
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Closed Tuesday mornings for enrollment 9:00 – 10:30 a.m.)
Information about Enrolling in Somerville Public Schools
- Enroll your child in Prekindergarten, if your child will be 4 years old by August 31st, 2024. Enroll your child in Kindergarten, if your child will be 5 years old by August 31st, 2024. Priority enrollment period for prekindergarten and kindergarten registration runs from January 3–February 23, 2024.
- 2023–2024 enrollment checklist in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Arabic, Simplified Chinese
- The Somerville Public Schools is committed to having all activities in all schools accessible to all students, parents/guardians, and community members. Click here for details on accessibility.
- The Somerville Public School District uses a controlled choice student assignment plan to place students in any of the schools across the city. Controlled choice means parents and guardians have the option of registering their student in any school in Somerville. Learn more about controlled choice on the Choosing a School page.
- Learn about Somerville Public Schools by visiting the Schools Overview Page to read the Guide to Somerville Public Schools and visit school websites or learn more at Choosing a School.
Enrollment Office Staff
- Teresa Rodriguez: Enrollment Office Director (English, Spanish)
- Colleen Flynn: Enrollment Office Secretary
- Nancy Holmes: Enrollment Specialist - Prekindergarten (English)
- Fernanda Alves: Enrollment Specialist (Portuguese, English)
- Marjorie Alexandre Elysée: Enrollment Specialist (English, Haitian Creole, French)
- Herenia Hernandez: Enrollment Specialist (English, Spanish)
- Kayla Centeio, Health Coordinator (Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Spanish)