Middle Grades Interscholastic Athletics
The Interscholastic Sports teams compete outside the city in the Greater Boston League in a competitive environment. This program prepares student-athletes for play in high school programs and requires a greater time commitment and travel.
How to Register online using FamilyID
Registration is required for participants in Interscholastic Sports programs.
Log onto www.familyid.com/somerville-athletics-intramurals and follow the steps below. A parent/guardian of the student-athlete must complete these forms. Returning members may log in and follow steps 2 through 3 below. If you need assistance, call FamilyID at 888-800-5583 x1. Support is available 7 days a week and messages will be returned promptly.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering your family name, email address, and password. You will receive an email with a link to confirm your new account. (If you don't see the email, please check your spam or junk folders.) You MUST click the link provided in your email, log in, and register per steps 2 and 3 below.
- Click the link for season sport and complete the information requested on the form. Make sure you click "save" and continue.
- Confirm your registration. Once complete, you will be asked to click "confirm registration" or add another participant. (You will receive an email confirming your registration from FamilyID.)
- You can log back into FamilyID at any time to update your information or check your registrations.
INTERSCHOLASTIC ATHLETICS CLEARANCE CHECKLIST
- Register online at www.familyid.com/somerville-athletics-intramurals.
- Did you receive an email from the athletic director or athletic trainer stating that your registration was received and that it is under review? If not, go back to step 1.
- Did you receive an email from the athletic director or athletic trainer stating that your registration is good or does it need changes? If changes are needed, you must make them before the cut-off date or you will not be cleared.
- Show up to your mandatory medical screening and clearance with your:
- Online registration completed
- Physical (must be current - no more than 13 months old)
- Copy of your insurance card
- And be prepared for the ImPact Test (testing takes 1 hour)
Fall Sports: Interscholastic
Winter Sports: Interscholastic
Spring Sports: Interscholastic
Medical Clearance Dates:
Tuesday 3/10/20 - 4:00pm MS Boys and Girls Track and Field @ SHS
3/16 - 3:00pm Make Up Date @ SHS, 3/17 - 3:00pm Make Up Date @ SHS
3/24 - 3:00pm FINAL CLEARANCE DATE @ SHS