Register for Fall Sports - 2020
Press Release in regards to Fall Sports:
"After serious deliberation and discussions, the Greater Boston League has decided to participate in the Fall II season in all Fall Sports (Cross Country, Golf, Girls Volleyball, Soccer, Field Hockey, Football, Competitive Cheer and Unified Basketball). Although this decision was not easy, we agree that safety of our student-athletes and coaches is the most important factor. There were a number of factors also that played into this decision…
1. Safety of our student-athletes, coaches, and school communities.
2. The current designation of two of our schools (Everett and Revere)
3. The limitations with scheduling.
4. The uncertainty around potential changes in Covid -19.
5. All GBL schools are currently engaged in Remote Learning.
6. The ability to provide a “true” interscholastic athletic experience with the current guidelines in place for individual sports.
7. The potential of providing a “true” interscholastic athletic experience during the Fall II season
8. The ability to provide our students with supervised and controlled opportunities to participate in outdoor activities, in our own communities, to provide an outlet for our students.
Like everyone, we are saddened that our students will not be able to participate in the traditional fall season, but optimistic that the Fall II season will be a success. Now more than ever, the MIAA has afforded member schools with as much flexibility as possible to provide an athletic experience for our students. We will continue to meet with our students and provide support and encouragement during this confusing and difficult time.
Everett - Malden - Medford - Revere - Somerville"
How to register online using FamilyID:
Log onto https://www.familyid.com/somerville-athletics-intramurals/2020-fall-high-school-interscholastic-sports and follow the steps below. A parent/guardian of the student-athlete must complete these forms. Returning members may log in and follow steps 2 through 3 below. If you need assistance, call FamilyID at 888-800-5583 x1. Support is available 7 days a week and messages will be returned promptly.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering your family name, email address, and password. You will receive an email with a link to confirm your new account. (If you don't see the email, please check your spam or junk folders.) You MUST click the link provided in your email, log in, and register per steps 2 and 3 below.
- Click the link for season sport and complete the information requested on the form. Make sure you click "save" and continue.
- Confirm your registration. Once complete, you will be asked to click "confirm registration" or add another participant. (You will receive an email confirming your registration from FamilyID.)
- You can log back into FamilyID at any time to update your information or check your registrations.