Middle Grades Athletics
All teams are school-based and play other teams within Somerville. The Intramural Sports program teaches student-athletes skills and strategy in a fun, structured environment, with an emphasis on sportsmanship. 2019-2020 Guide to Intramural Sports.
The Interscholastic Sports teams compete outside the city in the Greater Boston League in a more competitive environment. This program prepares student-athletes for play in high school programs and requires a greater time commitment and travel. 2019-2020 Guide to Interscholastic Sports.
How to Register online using FamilyID
Registration is required for participants in Intramural and Interscholastic sports programs.
Log onto www.familyid.com/somerville-athletics-intramurals and follow the steps below. A parent/guardian of the student-athlete must complete these forms. Returning members may log in and follow steps 2 through 3 below. If you need assistance, call FamilyID at 888-800-5583 x1. Support is available 7 days a week and message will be returned promptly.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering your family name, email address and password. You will receive an email with a link to confirm your new account. (if you don't see the email, please check your spam or junk folders). You MUST click the link provided in your email, login and register per steps 2 and 3 below.
- Click the link for season sport and complete the information requested on the form. Make sure you click save and continue.
- Confirm your registration: once complete you will be asked to click "confirm registration" or add another participant. (Your will receive an email confirming your registration from FamilyID).
- You can log back into FamilyID at any time to update your information or check your registrations.
Interscholastic ATHLETICS CLEARANCE CHECKLIST (not needed for Intramural program participants.):
- Register online to www.familyid.com/somerville-athletics-intramurals
- Did you receive an email from the athletic director or athletic trainer stating that your registration was received and that it is under review - if not go back to step 1.
- Did you receive an email from the athletic director or athletic trainer stating that your registration is good or does it need some changes? If needs some changes you must make those changes at before the cut-off date or you will not be cleared.
- Show up to your mandatory medical screening and clearance with your:
- Online registration completed
- With a Physical (must be current - no more than 13 months old)
- With a Copy of your insurance card
- Be prepared for ImPact Test (Testing will be 1 hour long)
Fall Sports: Interscholastic
Falls Sports: Intramural
Winter Sports: Interscholastic
Winter Sports: Intramural
Spring Sports: Interscholastic
Spring Sports: Intramural
Spring Sports: Travelling Teams