SHS Math Curriculum Redesign
Beginning in the 2023 fall semester, Somerville High School will adopt an integrated math curriculum for 9th and 10th graders. This innovative curriculum emphasizes a deep, rigorous math experience and allows all students to take calculus by senior year.
- Watch the Recording: Meeting for Families about SHS Math Curriculum Redesign
- Jump to 21:45 to listen to SHS Math teacher walk viewers through a sample problem in the new curricular approach
- Jump to 37:00 to listen to the question and answer period
- Slideshow Presentation for the Meeting for Families about SHS Math Curriculum Redesign
- FAQ for families in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole about the Math Curriculum changes
- Read research about math curriculum reform: Raising Expectations and Achievement. The Impact of Wide Scale Mathematics Reform Giving All Students Access to High Quality Mathematics.
Fun Math Activities and Useful Links
A+ Math Interactive educational math activities including math games, worksheets, flashcards, and more
AAA Math This features a comprehensive set of interactive arithmetic lessons.
Algebasics This is a terrific free site which explains many concepts that I talk about every day to students.
Bright Storm This is another website with math content explained using videos.
Homework Video Tutors This Pearson textbook company site has many helpful links for students in Algebra I and other math classes.
Khan Academy This is a great website with videos and exercises explaining many math concepts.
Math Chase Fun math games
Math Homework Help This is one of many sites to visit for help with your math homework.
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics This is a national math teacher association site with information for teachers, parents, and students.
Pearson Sign In Use the following generic logon and password to use resources available for Geometry, Algebra 1, or Algebra 2: logon: CommonCore2012@demouser and password: pearsonmath@demopass.
Web Math This is composed of forms to fill in and then it returns an analysis of a problem and, when possible, provides a step-by-step solution.
X-2 Aspen Click here to access a student's electronic file at SHS including their transcript, a list of assignments, and current grade. A logon and password is required.