Find electronic versions of the map above in Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Nepali or Simplified Chinese at this link.
The Somerville Public Schools strives to promote social, emotional, mental, physical, intellectual and environmental well-being through a collaborative approach across departments.
The District Wellness Coordinator, Caitlin Kelly, supports well-being throughout the district by coordinating policy, practice, programming and promotion in collaboration with school and city departments, the District Wellness Committee, Wellness Champions at each school as well as community partners.
Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) model
WSCC is a collaborative approach to learning and health. The focus is directed at the whole school, with the school in turn drawing its resources and influences from the whole community and serving to address the needs of the whole child.
Employee Wellness (reach out to HR for login details)
Wellness Policy & Procedures
- Download SPS Wellness Policy & Procedures
- Healthy Snack List | Ideas para Meriendas Saludables (Spanish) | Idéias de Lanches Saudáveis (Portuguese) | Ide pou Goute Nitritif (Haitian Creole)
- Healthy Food for Celebrations
- Healthy Celebrations Ideas & Rewards
- Food for Free
- Non-Food Celebration Ideas
- Healthy Fundraiser Ideas & Action for Healthy Kids Fundraising Ideas
- Guide for Smart Snacks in Schools
- My Plate/Umass Extension
- Child Care Weather Watch
- Movement & Mindfulness Page
- Safe Routes to School in Somerville
- Screen Free Week Information and Digital Wellness
- Sustainability: poster and recycling video
- Youth Risk Behavior Study (YRBS): Student Health Surveys
- WellSAT 3.0
Download more 95210 Materials for tips on healthy living.
Somerville HUB: Search for programs, activities and services by age as well as view a calendar of events
Office of Food Access and Healthy Communities: Find information about fresh local food access and ways to get going