Priority Enrollment Period: January 4, 2023 – February 24, 2023
- Register for the 2023-2024 School Year using this link: English
- Usando este enlace usted está haciendo la registración para el año escolar actual 2023-2024: Español
- Matricule seu filho para o ano letivo de 2023-2024 usando esta link: Português
- Enskripsyon pou ane eskolè 2023-2024 la sèvi avèk lyen sa-a: Kreyòl Ayisyen
SPS Preschool Enrollment
SMILE Program Overview
The Somerville Public Schools offers free preschool for a limited number of children at the Michael E. Capuano Early Childhood Center as well as a limited number of classrooms at the Argenziano School, East Somerville Community School, West Somerville Neighborhood School, Winter Hill Community Innovation School, Kennedy School, Arthur D. Healey School, and the Sonrisa Program (a bilingual program located at the Healey School for students from families who speak Spanish as their native language). Students must be 4 years old by August 31st. The SMILE Prekindergarten Program runs from 8:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m., Monday-Friday. High-quality afterschool programming is available until 5:30 p.m. for 4-year-olds at all preschool sites. Please visit the Somerville Community Schools page to learn more about the school-based afterschool program, which has a separate enrollment process and sliding scale fees.
SMILE Enrollment Timeline, 2023-2024 School Year
- Preschool registration information mailed to families with children 4 years of age by August 31, 2023 during the week of November 7, 2022.
- Registration Information Sessions on November 15
- PreK - 8 School Open Houses and School Tours.
- Online Registration begins for 2023-2024 school year on January 4, 2023.
- Registration assistance for any grade requires a scheduled appointment at the Enrollment Office (8 Bonair Street). Please call 617-629-5670. The office is open Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and the last appointment starts at 3:00 p.m.
- Registration deadline for participating in the first batch of school assignments is February 24, 2023.
- Preschool assignment letters or emails are sent out by the Enrollment Office for first batch registrations the week of March 20, 2023.
Register for SMILE for the 2022-2023 School Year (Current School Year)
Register for the 2022-2023 School Year using this link.
Usando este enlace usted está haciendo la registración para el año escolar actual 2022-2023.
Matricule seu filho para o ano letivo de 2022-2023 usando esta link.
Enskripsyon pou ane eskolè 2022-2023 la sèvi avèk lyen sa–a
The Early Childhood Intervention Program (ECIP) of Somerville Public Schools offers an Integrated Preschool Program at the Michael E. Capuano Early Childhood Center. The ECIP program is designed to meet the needs of children ages 3-5 that have been identified in need of specially designed instruction due to a disability. The Integrated Preschool Program includes peer partners from the community. Peers being considered for admission must be 3 years old and will be screened.
- Please note: there are currently no open slots for community peers in the 2022-2023 and limited or no spots are predicted to open up during the 2023-2024 school year.
- Peer Interest Form for 2023-2024
- ECIP has its own enrollment system that is not the same as the SMILE enrollment process. Visit the FAQ page about ECIP for more details.