SPS Preschool Enrollment Information
Check out the December 2021 Prekindergarten Registration Information Presentation slideshow.
Register for the 2022-2023 School Year
Register for the 2022-2023 School Year using this link.
Usando este enlace usted está haciendo la registración para el año escolar actual 2022-2023.
Matricule seu filho para o ano letivo de 2022-2023 usando esta link.
Enskripsyon pou ane eskolè 2022-2023 la sèvi avèk lyen sa–a
Registration assistance for any grade requires a scheduled appointment at the Enrollment Office (8 Bonair Street). Please call 617-629-5670.
Register for the Current (2021-2022) SMILE Program School Year
SMILE Program Overview
The Somerville Public Schools offers free preschool for a limited number of children at the Michael E. Capuano Early Childhood Center as well as a limited number of classrooms at the Argenziano School, West Somerville Neighborhood School, Winter Hill Community Innovation School, Kennedy School, Arthur D. Healey School, and the Sonrisa Program (a bilingual program located at the Healey School for students from families who speak Spanish as their native language). Students must be 4 years old by August 31st. The SMILE PreKindergarten Program runs from 8:45am to 1:45pm, Monday-Friday. Learn more about Preschool in the Somerville Public Schools. High-quality afterschool programming is available until 5:30pm for 4-year-olds at all preschool sites. Please visit the Somerville Community Schools afterschool page to learn more about the afterschool program.
Learn about 2022-2023 Preschool Registration Process in the Preschool Flyer in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole. Watch last year's Slideshow Presentation about PreKindergarten/Preschool Registration/
SMILE Enrollment Schedule 2022-2023 School Year
- Week of November 8, 2021. Preschool registration information mailed to families with children 4 years of age by August 31, 2021.
- November 16, 9:00 - 10:00am. Registration Information Sessions. See 2021-2022 Preschool Flyers for meeting links.
- November 17, 5:30 - 6:30pm. Registration Information Sessions. See 2021-2022 Preschool Flyers for meeting links.
- Dates vary, PreK - 8 School Virtual Open Houses. There were no on-site open house tours or visits to our facilities this year out of concern for the safety of our community. Please learn more about our schools by looking below at the Virtual Open House webpage for slideshows, visiting school websites, and talking to school liaisons.
- January 11, 2022. Online Registration begins for 2022-2023 school year.
- March 18, 2022. Registration deadline for participating in the first batch of school assignments.
- Week of April 19, 2022. Enrollment Center emails or mails out first batch preschool assignment letters.
ECIP Program Enrollment Information
The Early Childhood Intervention Program (ECIP) of Somerville Public Schools offers an Integrated Preschool Program at the Michael E. Capuano Early Childhood Center. The ECIP program is designed to meet the needs of children ages 3-5 that have been identified in need of specially designed instruction due to a disability. The Integrated Preschool Program includes peer partners from the community to serve as typically developing peers. Peers being considered for admission must be 3 years old and will be screened.
- 2022-2023 ECIP Community Peer Information Flyer: English, Spanish, Portuguese.
- Visit the FAQ page about ECIP for more details.
- Read the presentation slides from a community informational session about ECIP on March 16, 2022 at 6:30p.m.
2022-2023 Peers Enrollment Forms
- ECIP Lottery Form 2022-2023 School Year - English
- Formulario Lotería ECIP - Año 2022-2023 - Español
- Formulário da Loteria ECIP - Ano 2022-2023 - Português