Welcome to the Payroll Department
The Somerville Public Schools Payroll Department processes weekly, biweekly, and monthly payroll for over 1,200 full- and part-time employees and maintains employee earnings and payroll records in compliance with all municipal, state, and federal rules and regulations. We provide prompt, courteous, and professional customer service in order to promote confidence and goodwill throughout Somerville Public Schools. We strive to maintain the fiscal integrity of the District and personal assets in our charge while providing a challenging and satisfying work environment for our employees. Our goal is to project a positive image through an ongoing commitment to integrity, accountability, excellence, and innovation.
The Payroll Department is located in the Somerville Public Schools' Central Administration offices at 8 Bonair Street. The Payroll Department is open Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:00 PM to assist SPS staff with all their payroll needs, questions, and concerns. Staff should email the Payroll Department or call 617-625-6600 x6046 with any questions about their payroll and/or benefits. SPS staff may contact the Payroll Department on all matters relative to:
- Wages & Benefits
- Staff Attendance & Paid Time Off (i.e., Sick and Vacation Leave)
- Health, Life, & Dental Insurance Deductions and Premiums
- Other Voluntary Deductions
- Income Tax Withholding & Related
- Electronic Deposit of Paycheck
- Employment Contracts & Agreements
- Massachusetts Teachers' Retirement System
- The Somerville Retirement Board
- Employee Address / Telephone Changes
- Tax Shelter Annuities (403B & 457 Plans)
- General Payroll Process
Payroll Department Central Office Staff:
- Joan White, Deputy Financial Officer
- Sabrina Caprigno, Principal Account Clerk - Payroll
- Robyn Bates, Principal Account Clerk - Payroll
To reach all members of the Payroll Office, please use this Central Payroll email address.
Staff often call or visit seeking important payroll or other employment forms. Many of these forms are available for download and printing by visiting the Staff Intranet, accessible from a District office computer. If you do not have access to the Intranet, please contact the Payroll Office at 617-625-6600 x6040.