Communications and Grants
For press inquiries, please contact Jackie Piques at 617-625-6600 x6014.
Our mission is to provide vehicles for sharing information that connect, communicate, inform, and engage our teaching and learning community and the general public to the work happening in our district. We support universal access to opportunities by sharing information, identifying resources, and building communications and funding capacity to enrich student learning.
The Communications and Grants department of the Somerville Public Schools serves as the information hub for the district, working with departments throughout the district to effectively promote and share the work happening in our schools and programs. The Communications and Grants department is responsible for:
- Coordinating public and media relations efforts
- Responding to information requests
- Coordinating press and other events
- District website development and management
- Managing the website calendar of events
- Promoting and highlighting the work happening in our schools and programs utilizing a menu of communications tools including social media and other online platforms, the district's CTY system, press releases, etc.
- Producing and co-hosting district television show
- Providing staff guidance and training on website content management system, community outreach strategies, and other communications efforts
- Supporting community outreach and partnerships
- Helping identify grant and other funding resources to support district programs
- Assisting with grant writing and project management of grants
About Our District
Communications and Grants Central Office Staff
Jackie Piques, Chief Communications and Development Officer
Ruth Ronen, Coordinator of District Communications
Abby Luthin, Grants and Communications Specialist