Medications at School

Medication administration at school is highly regulated by Massachusetts law. The medication policy is outlined in your parent handbook.

If your child will require prescription medication at school, please follow these steps:

  1. Obtain an order/emergency care plan from your child’s doctor. Often, the doctor’s office will send these items if you ask. Confidential school nurse fax numbers are listed here:
  2. Meet with the school nurse to make a plan for school and field trips
  3. Bring the medication to the school nurse in a pharmacy-labeled container
  4. Complete the appropriate Medication Administration form below with the school nurse

Required Forms For Prescription Medication Administration

Medication Administration Plan (not for Epinephrine/Seizure /Asthma /Diabetes Medication) in English, SpanishPortugueseHaitian Creole

Asthma Medication Administration Plan in English, SpanishPortugueseHaitian Creole

Epinephrine Administration Plan in English, SpanishPortuguese

Emergency Seizure Medication Administration Plan in English

Required Form for Over the Counter Medication

Students may not carry over the counter medication such as Tylenol or Motrin. Over the counter medications may be given by the school nurse with parent/guardian permission

OTC Permission-Student Health Form in English, Spanish

Risk Assessment Forms

TB Risk Assessment Form in English, SpanishHaitian Creole