COVID-19 Spring Sports Update
Update from the MIAA on spring sports: In accordance with Governor Baker's announcement closing all schools in MA through the end of the school year, the MIAA has officially cancelled all spring sports and spring tournaments.
Register for Spring Sports - 2020
Spring Sports Registration opens February 1. Season starts March 16, 2020
How to register online using FamilyID:
Log onto www.familyid.com/somerville-athletics-intramurals and follow the steps below. A parent/guardian of the student-athlete must complete these forms. Returning members may log in and follow steps 2 through 3 below. If you need assistance, call FamilyID at 888-800-5583 x1. Support is available 7 days a week and messages will be returned promptly.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering your family name, email address, and password. You will receive an email with a link to confirm your new account. (If you don't see the email, please check your spam or junk folders.) You MUST click the link provided in your email, log in, and register per steps 2 and 3 below.
- Click the link for season sport and complete the information requested on the form. Make sure you click "save" and continue.
- Confirm your registration. Once complete, you will be asked to click "confirm registration" or add another participant. (You will receive an email confirming your registration from FamilyID.)
- You can log back into FamilyID at any time to update your information or check your registrations.
Somerville High School Athletics Clearance Checklist:
- Register online at www.familyid.com/somerville-athletics-intramurals
- Did you receive an email from the athletic director or athletic trainer stating that your registration was received and that it is under review? If not, go back to step 1.
- Did you receive an email from the athletic director or athletic trainer stating that your registration is good or does it need some changes? If changes are needed, you must make them before the cut-off date or you will not be cleared.
- Show up to your mandatory medical screening and clearance with your:
- Online registration completed
- Physical (no more than 13 months old)
- Copy of your insurance card
- And be prepared for the ImPact Test (testing takes 1 hour)
Mandatory Medical Screening and Clearance for Spring Sports: All athletes despite previous participation must register, be screened, and cleared each season. Please provide us with a copy of your most current physical (no more than 13 months old) and insurance card on the designated date below.
Registration opens February 1, 2020
March 9-12 clearance and medical screening—all must bring physical, insurance card, and must take impact test (first year athletes and every two year unless with previous concussion history—every season)
3/9 Softball 3PM, Baseball 4PM, Ultimate Frisbee (New) 5PM
3/10 Boys Outdoor Track and Field 3PM, Boys Volleyball 4PM, Girls Tennis 5PM
3/11 Girls Outdoor Track and Field 3PM, Crew 4PM, Boys Tennis 5PM
3/12 Boys Lacrosse 3PM, Girls Lacrosse 4PM, Ultimate Frisbee (Returning) 5PM
3/16 Make Up Date 3PM, 3/17 Make Up Date 3PM
3/24 FINAL CLEARANCE DATE 3PM
Boys Outdoor Track and Field
Girls Outdoor Track and Field
Head Coach: Michael Morgan
Head Coach: Mark Kirwan