Parent & Family Resources
School Counseling Department Newsletters
NEW FOR 2020-2021: College & Career Remote Plan for 2020-2021
11th GRADE VIRTUAL COLLEGE & CAREER PLANNING EVENTS
We are excited to announce a new series of virtual college & career planning events that we hope will provide you with the opportunity to connect with us to get the information and support you need! All events are for 11th grade students and parents/guardians/families. You can plan to attend all or some of the events below. After each presentation, we plan to provide a video of the same information (note: the meetings themselves will not be recorded). The November 19th date is firm. All other dates/times subject to change (with advanced notice) and topics could be added if there is a demand! The Zoom link for all events will be sent out by Melanie Kessler. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Presentation 1: College & Career Planning Overview (November 19th at 7:30pm): Find out how college & career services will work for you and your student at SHS and learn about your options after high school. We will also discuss the PSAT/SAT plan at this meeting.
- Presentation 2: Intro to College Basics (two options: December 16th at 12pm OR January 14th at 7:30pm): Learn about four-year colleges and community colleges, the differences between them, the steps and timeline for applying, and how SHS will help.
- Presentation 3: Career Exploration (February 25th at 7:30pm): Learn how to find out what career or major might be interesting to you. This is for students who want to go to college, students who do not want to go to college, and students who are unsure. We will provide specific information about all of those options.
- Presentation 4: College Financial Aid (March 30th at 7:30pm): Learn the basics of how college financial aid works and the timeline for applying.
- Presentation 5: College Admissions Panel (April 27th at 7:30pm): Hear advice from college admissions counselor and ask them questions about the admissions process.
Interpreters will be available in Spanish, Portuguese, and Haitian Creole.
Los intérpretes estarán disponibles en español.
Intérpretes estarão disponíveis em português.
N’ap gen entèprèt disponib an Kreyòl Ayisyen.
Seniors Post High School Planning Night