Congratulations Class of 2020!
Somerville Community Scholarship Recipients - Class of 2020
SHS is highlighting graduates on their @SHS_SeniorSpotlight Instagram account.
Watch Mayor Curtatone's address to the Class of 2020: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H4TIMmWQk13FuxN0W7qdt-9VgI5nsA8q/view
Watch your favorite teachers' and staff members' congratulations for the Class of 2020: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HxKLMDnrhd5ACThPf2yRhxCuCOgaL5fs/view
Watch virtual graduation speeches for the Class of 2020: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hS3Vgxj1sFPfciblEy6y4K6J1Dr4xjlX/view
Cap & Gown / Graduation Schedule
- Cap & Gown / Gift Bag Pickup is at Somerville High School. Graduation is at Dilboy Parking Lot.
- Social Distancing Guidelines MUST be followed. Masks are required. Please allow 6 feet of distance from others.
- Bring Chromebooks, textbooks, instruments, uniforms & other items to return to Cap & Gown Pickup.
- One automobile per senior at graduation ceremony, or maximum of 5 people per family if walking.
Graduation Caps and Gowns
Caps & Gowns, along with Graduation Gift bags, can be picked up at Somerville High School on Wednesday, June 3, and Thursday, June 4, 2020.
- Beacon House – Wednesday, June 3, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Elm House – Wednesday, June 3, 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM
- Highland House – Thursday, June 4, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Broadway House – Thursday, June 4, 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Students will be assigned staggered times to report at thirty minute intervals. IMPORTANT: Students must report during their scheduled time only. Seniors should return any school chromebook, textbook, or other school property when picking up their Cap & Gown. Seniors with personal belongings in their locker should also inform us at that time and a staff member will retrieve these items from their locker. Please contact your Assistant Principal if you are unable to pick up your Cap & Gown at your assigned time and we will make other arrangements. Read Principal LaGambina's update about Graduation.
Students will have an opportunity to individually walk across the stage and pick up their diploma in a series of 3-hour events (2 each day) scheduled by House in a series of “drive-up” graduation events at the Dilboy Stadium parking lot over the course of two days. Graduating students and family members will be invited to Dilboy on either June 10th or June 11th, 2020. Over the course of a 3-hour period, each graduate will individually walk across the stage, receive their diploma, and have their photo taken. We have set up the following schedule over the 2-day period.
- Beacon House – Wednesday, June 10, 2020 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Elm House – Wednesday, June 10, 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM
- Highland House – Thursday, June 11, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Broadway House – Thursday, June 11, 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM
- Rain date - Friday, June 12
- Detailed Graduation Schedule.
Please note, students will be assigned staggered times to report at thirty minute intervals. The assigned times to report will be provided to each student at a later date. IMPORTANT: Students must report during their scheduled time only. Graduates arriving by car must enter the parking lot entrance on the Medford side of the stadium. Graduates and their family members must arrive in one car, must remain in their car, and will be directed on how to proceed to the staging area. Graduates arriving on foot will line up at socially responsible distances along the walkway on the Medford side of the stadium. Graduates should arrive at Dilboy wearing their Cap & Gown and ready to have their photo taken.
Congratulate Our Graduates!
We invite community members and families to make posters/signs to put in windows or yards (or use chalk on your driveways or sidewalks) to congratulate our 2020 graduates. Feel free to start putting up signs as soon as you like, and share on social media. Thank you for helping celebrate this important milestone for our students.