Return to Transition to In-Person Learning Page
Many Somerville Public Schools students will soon have the option to return to in-person learning.
- Our reopening plan brings students back to in-person learning in phases, based on their educational program and grade level.
- In most cases, students will attend school in-person at the location where they are enrolled. However, in some cases, students will participate in in-person learning at an alternate location.
- All students and adults in school buildings are required to adhere to all health and safety protocols, including daily symptom screening, regular COVID-19 testing, face masks, physical distancing, frequent hand washing, and other important steps.
- Some students will engage in a "hybrid" learning model, which means they will learn in-person two days per week and learn remotely three days per week, on a rotating basis. This approach limits the number of students in the buildings every day and makes physical distancing possible.
Welcome Back: Here's what School Looks like now!
Check your child for these symptoms every morning. If your student has any of the following symptoms, contact your school nurse and keep your child home from school:
- Fever (100 degrees Fahrenheit or greater)
- Chills or shaking chills
- New Cough (not due to other known cause)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Unexplained fatigue (with other symptoms)
- Muscle or body aches
- Headache (with other symptoms)
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
Learn about COVID testing at SPS