Tips for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Find dates for vacation days and half-days on the School Year Calendar for 2021-2022.
- School Lunches and Breakfasts will be FREE for all students for the entire 2021-2022 school year. Meals have moved back into the cafeterias. Visit the Food and Nutrition Services page to find menus.
- Per DESE guidance and based on what we know about how kids learn best, SPS will not offer remote learning options for the year 2021. All students will learn in-person.
- Masks are required indoors in all buildings, regardless of vaccination status. Read more about proper mask use, choosing a mask, and other mask facts on the CDC website.
- All students and staff will be assurance tested each week at all schools for COVID-19 , regardless of vaccination status. Testing will be pooled PCR. Learn more on the Assurance Testing page.
- Vaccination is the most effective prevention strategy available for allowing schools to resume and sustain full in-person instruction. COVID-19 vaccines are available to all people age 12 and older. SPS will promote vaccinations for eligible students, teachers, staff, and families through school-based and community vaccination opportunities. We will be working closely with Somerville’s Health and Human Services Department to coordinate and announce new vaccination opportunities.
- Please read the most recent update for families and staff from Superintendent Skipper.
Read through the Daily Safety Checklist every morning before school with your student
Check your child for these symptoms every morning. If your student has any of the following symptoms, contact your school nurse and keep your child home from school:
- Fever (100.0° Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
- Sore throat, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea when in combination with other symptoms
- Headache when in combination with other symptoms
- Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies) when in combination with other symptoms
Watch a video about how you and your child can complete the Daily Wellness Check.