Community Schools and Parks & Recreation Enrichment Programming
- Registration will be possible starting Monday, September 14th, based on your student's cohort assignment.
- To register for the Community Schools enrichment programming (Pre-K and K): https://www.ezchildtrack.com/parent2/ParentLogin.aspx?c=CSafterschool
- To register for the Somerville Parks & Recreation enrichment programming (Grades 1-8): https://www.somervillerec.com/info/default.aspx and click on the "Register Now" bar to get started
These programs are free and will be outdoors and weather permitting.
Students will be divided into 2 Cohorts (Cohorts A and B) that align with our Phased Hybrid Model, which allows us the opportunity to serve more students. Assigning students to cohorts now will also facilitate a smooth transition for when we are able to gradually start moving into some form of in-person instruction as part of our Hybrid Model. Students in Cohort A would be able to register for the Thursday/Friday programming and students in Cohort B would be able to register for the Monday/Tuesday programming.
Somerville Food & Nutrition Services will provide lunch for the 12:30 program, and snacks for other programs
Community Schools will offer a 2-hour program (12:30-2:30 p.m.) for Pre-K and K students at tented outdoor sites at all SPS elementary schools. Registration for this program will be through Community Schools.
Parks & Recreation will offer outdoor programs as follows. Registration for Parks & Recreation programs will be through Parks & Recreation.
- Grades 1-2: 2:30-3:45 p.m.
- Grades 3-5: 4:00-5:15 p.m.
- Grades 6-8: 5:30-6:45 p.m.
Parks & Recreation programming will take place in tented areas at the following sites:
- Dilboy – for Brown School and West Somerville Neighborhood School students
- Lincoln Park – for Argenziano School and Kennedy School students
- Healey – for Healey School students
- East Somerville Community School Field – for ESCS students
- Winter Hill Community Innovation School Field – for WHCIS students
We are continuing to work on possible Wednesday virtual and/or in-person outdoor programming opportunities for students after school hours, and will share further details as they are finalized.