Resources for Teachers
Please visit the staff intranet from any Somerville Public Schools computer for previously translated and frequently used documents. If you need an interpreter, please work with your principal to follow proper procedure.
Somerville Public Schools Multilingual Education Department Curriculum website
Shared ELL curriculum resources align to WIDA. Find MPI's, ELL common assessments and common rubrics here. www.ellsomerville.weebly.com
Find and download Parent Notification Files. 2014 English Language Learners Procedural Handbook.
RETELL Endorsement Information
Please visit the Mass DESE RETELL website for course information. If you have completed a RETELL course in Somerville or another district, be sure to apply for the SEI endorsement on the DESE ELAR page .
- www.wida.us Find English Learner standards, templates for MPI's, ACCESS information and sample test items and ACCESS training videos.
- http://www.udlcenter.org/research/researchevidence/checkpoint2_4 Great website for ideas about backwards planning and developing instructional units for MPI's.
- http://mplsesl.wikispaces.com/Home+Page Lots of ideas and resources, especially for leveled supports in assessment.
- http://academicvocabulary.weebly.com/vocabulary-strategies.html Kate Kinsella's academic vocabular website.
- http://wordgen.serpmedia.org/ Another great website for vocabulary-teaching ideas. Lots of classroom videos.
- Any other ideas for resources to share? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org