Dear SPS Parents and Guardians,
We hope you have had a fun and enjoyable April break!
As we return from an extended break that may have included travel or gatherings with friends and family, the following reminders and additional precautions will help us continue to keep COVID-19 cases out of our schools.
- Please remember to test your child Sunday night with an at-home test. Report any positive results via this form.
- Masks are highly recommended for everyone the first week back from vacation.
- COVID-19 vaccination is the best way to reduce the risk of infection, the risk of serious illness, and the development of new variants. We are hosting a COVID-19 vaccine clinic at SHS on Monday, April 25, from 3-5 p.m. for residents age 12+. Walk-ins welcome. Parents do not need to attend, but do need to register and fill out the online consent form at the link below:
We also ask for your continued help with the following as we move into the final weeks of the 2021-22 school year:
- Keep your child home if symptoms develop and use your at-home rapid test kit.
- All students should use their at-home test Sunday evening before returning to school each week. Report any positive results via this form.
- If someone in your household tests positive for COVID-19 and your child is not vaccinated, they must stay home for 5 days from last exposure and must follow strict mask wearing at school for the next 5 days.
- Fully vaccinated students can return to school even if someone at home has tested positive as long as they are asymptomatic and wear a mask for 10 days from last exposure.
- Regardless of vaccine status, best practice is to test 5 days after last exposure (earlier if symptoms develop).
Here are some additional convenient places to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine:
CHA Walk-in COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic, 176 Somerville Ave (next to Target)
- Monday and Tuesday 11:00 am to 6:30 pm
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 8:3 0am to 4:00 pm
CHA Teen Connection at SHS (age 12+ only). Signed parental consent form required for students age 16 and 17, parents must accompany younger children. Appointments required, call 617-575-5690. Thursdays from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
More information is available on the SPS Website. Please contact your school nurse with any questions about COVID-19. We look forward to welcoming students and staff back on Monday.
Mary Skipper, Superintendent